Tuesday 5 November 2013

IKEA's Gravitational Pull Triumphs and Haloween Lingers On

An uncertain start to the morning - it rained on and off for a couple of hours before brightening up a bit.
Out with Bella, I came across this doormat in the middle of a path - very handy. 
More Haloween leavings - this one was really spooky! 
Spotted these pretty little orange and pink spindle berries in a hedge. 
 Some more Haloween evidence.
Went into UWE for some project supervision. As I was leaving, my eye was caught by this row of four chimneys - and then the sun lit them up as I went to photograph them.
 The sky over UWE.
What do you call a burglar? 
Then it was time to head off back to IKEA for the third time in just over a week. This time, I actually bought something - after a mercifully precisely targeted and short visit, I came away with a bed which is assembled (by Su the engineer) and ready to be slept in tonight. Caught this sunset shot as I waited at traffic lights.
One way or another, I spent a bit of time waiting in traffic this afternoon and evening. This was outside Colston School as the crush of parents picking up their offspring clogged up the roads. 
 After IKEA on the way home saw this coach - I remember the K915 era well:-)!
One letter short of a really good personalised numberplate… 
This day a year ago, I was at UWE all day teaching Media, Business and Publishing for a colleague who was in Hong Kong teaching. Q Block looked good in the sunshine after the previous day's snow.
When We Were Young(er) In 1991, after camping on beaches in a play tent the previous year we returned to Milos beach for a few days before catching the ferry to Folegandros. Su took this picture of me testing out our new silvered tent (and took many of the other Greek pictures shown in this feature).
Su's news story of the day (BBC website - click on the title for the full story):

No comments:

Post a Comment