Tuesday 16 April 2013

Sunshine and Warmth!

A brighter start to today, and a lot warmer than of late.
Blue skies! 
Noticed this Ordnance Survey cut mark (for height measurements) on a stone embedded in a garden wall - I walk past it nearly every day, but only noticed it recently
A nice show of hellebores in a front garden. 
After quite a few hours of marking assignments, Su enticed me out into the sunshine down in Alice Park. 
The blue skies set off this birch tree well. 
Bella showing off her shiny coat while catching her breath after chasing around after her ball.   
On the way down to Larkhall to see how the van was doing (fingers crossed that I'll get it back tomorrow morning), I saw today's abandoned piece of clothing - this scarf. Maybe I should open a shop with all the bits of clothing I find?
I took a different route down the hill, going down the back of some houses and seeing a slightly different aspect of the view. 
A bright display of tumbling purple flowers. 
This day a year ago, I woke in Hong Kong to a cloudy morning before I started my first day of teaching of the trip. 
Su's news story of the day (BBC website - click on title for full story):

US Catholic nuns criticised in Vatican report on LCWR

No comments:

Post a Comment