Thursday 25 April 2013

Last Day At UWE Till…?

Today started off as a bright clear day, but by the time I went out with Bella it was clouding over.
Spent the morning marking and then went to UWE to discuss plagiarism in final year dissertations.
After that, I finished off the last few assignments to mark, and was rewarded with this pile of finished work. 
Then it was a matter of distributing the marking to various offices around the Faculty. Noticed this sign on a door, and it made me think of some of my friends from hippy days for some reason.
I stopped to properly look at some of these "show off signs" placed on the corridors of Q Block- you can tell they are by academics. Like the worst Powerpoint slides, they have far too much small writing on and are very busy.  I think the design of the display signs is meant to suggest an iPhone.
This one is definitely not meant to be taken in at a glance - future network design indeed! 
Some corridors are really busy with lots of wall-mounted information. 
Just turning around at the same doorway shows a very stark contrast - and a very different impression of what happens in the building
This is my last work with UWE until… the next time they can't cover all the teaching and need someone at short notice? On my way out of the building I was struck by this artistic arrangement of a very long bicycle lock cable - but no bikes, even though I saw four locks on a short length of railing.
R Block, the wing where the architecture students hang out.
This day a year ago, the weather was a mixture of occasional sunshine and frequent showers which gave our poor tulips a battering. 
Su's news story of the day (BBC website - click on the title for full story):

Teachers rampage against reforms in Guerrero state, Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment