Wednesday 29 August 2012

Rain, Painting, Dentist and More Painting

A very rainy morning. I waited until the rain subsided a bit before walking Bella (old dogs are so more tolerant). These teazles are definitely entering Autumn mode.
Similarly, this plant whose flowers have turned dark red/brown.
Finished off putting the second coat of emulsion on the walls in the bedroom this morning, then went and met Su at Prior Park Garden Centre's Secret Garden Cafe for lunch. After that, it was off to the dentist with my loosened crown. Luckily, he was able to reaffix it (I had expected a much more expensive bill!) - and with no pain whatsoever. On the way back, stopped at traffic lights and saw the next band of rain massing for a downpour
Not long after getting back home, the rain started in earnest.
It was strong enough for me to be able to get a photograph of the raindrops coming down - they were so heavy.
Then, an hour or so later, the skies cleared and the sun came out (after Su had taken Bella out for her walk). I carried on with my painting task, and have applied the first (and I hope only) coat of eggshell to the wood work. It does look good!
This day a year ago, we were at Westonbirt's Festival of the Tree on Bank Holiday Monday. I was impressed by this wooden dragon.
Must dash - we are off out to the pictures shortly to see "Shadow Dancer:, with Andrea Riseborough and Clive Owen - review tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment