Monday 23 July 2012

Sun - and Garden Redesign - Continues

The late appearance of the British Summer continues and getting warmer. Today has been clear blue skies from the moment we got up. Taking Bella out, noticed that the privet blossom has already started to fall like confetti on the path we walk down.
Looking up towards our house from Fairfield Park Road.
The sunlight through these leaves was a lovely colour.
A colourful bed of flowers.
After the garden clearing of the last two days, it was time to load the car up to go to the tip, revealing a whole lost of snails taking shelter from the warmth
Ah, the joy of the tip (especially taking photographs when I've been told I can't on a previous occasion!)
The way out - 76% recycled last month!
After the tip, the delights of shopping at Saltford Co-op (a temple to mutualism) awaited me!
Not satiated by that experience, I went on to Morrisons in Bath to satisy my consumerist urges (actually to buy some fish:-)!).
On the way out, saw this chap on the roof of the house being built opposite
I even went to Larkhall to buy some bacon and complete my expedition before coming home. Out in the garden later on this afternoon, the Red Arrows display team zoomed overhead before I could photograph them. I did manage to catch their vapour trail before it dispersed.
Then, it was time to do even more work in the garden. We've decided that our "lawn" is never going to thrive in a north-facing garden, with bad drainage, so it had to go. This was halfway through the removal process.
After we'd bagged up all the remains (another trip to the tip in the offing - deep joy!), and putting down some weed suppressant (also cat deterrent), Bella was allowed to inspect the result. I had a can of lager to celebrate my efforts for the day.
This day a year ago, decorating was the order of the day - here I am being half a decorator.

No comments:

Post a Comment