Saturday 16 June 2012

Sleeping Sickness and Migraine

Not a very achieving day for me - woke up with a headache, and went back to bed to try and sleep it off. When I got up again, I started a migraine - soon sorted out with a sumatriptan tablet and time in the garden, playing with Bella and looking at flowers, including these astrantias.
I loved the way that this hop plant caresses our shed door.
This is a variety of elder - very pretty flowers against dark leaves.
We went out down to Larkhall for a while and found ourselves down on Beaufort East off the London Road, a grand Georgian terrace.
After that, I took Bella out for a walk, and saw this new piece of graffiti ( by "Tat") on an electricity substation
A pretty bed of flowers on the walk.
The grasses in the fields are doing really well despite/because of the wind and rain.
More umbellifers.
This day a year ago, Su was feeling artistic - producing this vignette of Bella amongst other items for the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're feeling better today, Marcus. I spent yesterday avoiding my anxiety neurosis by listening to Ulysses on R4 and sock knitting! Looking forward to cycling to Bath tomorrow and seeing you and Su- need to do it, regardless of weather. Going to the Refugee "Fair" on Queen's Square later today - lovely snacks, terrific people and puts my stuff sharply in perspective!

    ReplyDelete