Friday 22 June 2012

Marking Done, Rain Stopped, Out!

Out with Bella this morning, I managed to avoid the rain, but lots of evidence of the heavy downpours we had last night.

I managed to finish off my marking for my Hong Kong students this morning. What a difference to last year, when every blog post I did for a month was counting down towards the last script to be marked! To celebrate, we went out for lunch, driving past the Holborne Museum. As reported in today's BBC news, they have just won an award from the Royal Institute of British Architects (Riba) for their extension - at the back of the building. I love the effect on the railings of being photographed from a moving car.
We went past the White Hart in Widcombe to our usual haunt. They had sold out of food, so we went on elsewhere in search of fodder.
We ended up at the Globe at Newton St Looe. I though that this pedestrian sign looked like early cave art.
The pub sign for this old coaching inn, built in the 1700s with some original beams and props still visible.
After that, it was off to PC World/ Currys to buy a printer cartridge for a friend, and to play with a few gadgets.
The excitement wasn't over yet! Then it was down to Larkhall to the post office to post a letter, pausing only to photograph this 100+ year old drinking fountain 
I then strolled through Larkhall to meet up with Su and Bella in Alice Park, and enjoy a cup of coffee in the breezy afternoon sunshine.
It seems there is always a sole piece of footwear for me to photograph!
A sad day indeed - Su's sunglasses have disintegrated!
This day a year ago, Su had acted as my taxi into UWE and back from the bus station (that's what you get for returning your lease car!). She had spotted this decorative pig whilst out walking Bella.

1 comment:

  1. Bath is either full of one-legged citizens or else there are a lot of people hopping about!

    ReplyDelete