Sunday 22 January 2012

Late to Bed, Early(ish) to Rise

Su got in late last night after babysitting for a friend, and we were awake sooner than we would have liked, but in time to get down to the Little Theatre.
We went to see a preview screening of the Roman Polanski film, "Carnage", based on the play "The God of Carnage"by Yasmina Reza.  Great cast - Jodie Foster and Kate Winslet on sharp form.  Not sure about how the film was going at first, but then it really took off through a pivotal incident (I won't spoil it for you...). It made us laugh a lot (not something I can say about many Polanski films, except "The Fearless Vampire Killers").  
Came out into the sunshine, and my eye was caught by this rather artful Gothic lettered stencilled tag.  Astro gets my seal of approval.
Went to Marks and Spencers to buy some shirts and to have a cup of coffee and one of their tasty toasted tea cakes.  On the way, I noticed for the first time the legend over the entrance - this is the King's and Queen's Baths.
Walking back to the car, we went past the new extension to Bath College.  They have left this willow outside the Hairdressing Department.  I'd like to think it was a conscious choice.
 The sunshine showed off the new building to good effect
Later on this afternoon, it was time to take Bella for her walk.  I thought that furry dice had become extinct, so pleased to see at least one set survives.
Walking up around Charlcombe, passed this twee sign, which I believe I have featured before.
The skies were doing their stuff once more.  My best panoramic sequence was lost to a crash by the stitching app (I really must stop trying to get the phone to do too much when I am out, and leave the processing to when I am back at base).
 This was the most dramatic sky - great brooding combination of colours.
And last, but not least, is a photo from the blog post of 22nd January 2011.  This was the only photo that day in an entry written by Su after an Open University Day School and dim sum lunch.
Tomorrow starts with another viewing of the house by a potential purchaser, and will unfold from there...

No comments:

Post a Comment