Wednesday 28 September 2011

Sunshine!

The sunset as I drove over to Bristol last night was so striking that I had to pull over and take a photograph.
 The planetarium at Millennium Square in Bristol
 Twinkly trees on the way to the Watershed, where I met Dan. Had a good chat - not all about UWE - and got lots of tips for Istanbul next week.
 Today, after the joys of going to Homebase to buy essential items for my role as man about the house (including paint, of course!), took Bella for an early walk before it got too hot -up by the Golf Course, through the woods.
We got to the end of the golf course, and found this very assertive sheep keeping an watchful eye on us.
 A great display of old man's beard up there
 Sloes aplenty
 And blackberries
 Back into the woods on the way back to the van
 After our walk, Steve Walker came round with his guitar and harmonicas (not yet the oboe - but I'm working on him to play that), and we happily swapped songs for a couple of hours.  Managed to get some other domestic tasks done, but **no** painting today (apologies to our reader, Bella, for getting her hopes up in yesterday's post that I was going to display my artistic talents!).

1 comment:

  1. Best crop of blackberries and sloes for years. Enjoy the trip to Constantinople.

    ReplyDelete