Saturday 10 September 2011

Of chimneys, pigs and computers...

Yesterday, we had our chimney lining replaced, and got an aluminium plate to prove it.  We managed to get the company that fitted the original liner only four years ago to replace it free of charge by using the magic words "not fit for purpose".


After the installers finally left, I took Bella dog out for what turned out to be a surreal walk.  We met a very friendly pig wandering about behind Charlcombe church, so I stupidly looped Bella's lead around its neck to try and take it to find its owner.  At this, the pig decided I wasn't its friend and took off up the hill with Bella's lead, never to be seen again! Giving up on the lead, Bella and I turned for home, and saw this stool - complete with Apple sticker - all on its own at the bottom of the hill.  Maybe the chimney fumes got to me - Su thought I was bonkers (nothing new there, then!) when I came home and told her about our walk.


In my role as Su's technical support, this morning I took her ailing laptop down to the Apple store. Because it suffered from a design fault, they replaced the top of the machine - including the keyboard - free of charge.  On a four year old machine! This is one reason why I think it's worth paying the Apple premium.  Many thanks to my nephew (who is a real techie) for pointing out the replacement policy to me when I asked his advice.


While I was dealing with the stress of being so near to the shops, I stopped for a coffee...
...and walked past this now sadly closed shop - I used to press my nose against the glass and dream of being able to afford the expensive guitars inside.  Guess the dreamers were too many and the prices were too high.


Today Su has been storming ahead, painting the front door and doing woodwork.  We are getting so organised!

No comments:

Post a Comment