Friday 1 April 2011

Last Lecture

Not my last class at UWE (that's next week) but today saw my last lecture at UWE to my final year Multimedia Systems students. At the end I told them that this was my last ever lecture at UWE and I asked them if they would mind if I took a photo to put on the blog.  No-one objected, so I snapped away and then thanked them all, whereupon they applauded me.  I was very surprised at this and teared up a bit.
I talked to students and colleagues through the afternoon, as well as continuing to slowly clear out my half of the office.  Amazing how much paper you can get rid of when you know you'll not be looking at it any more.  I also found some more books to put out for people to help themselves to.  I put a load on a table outside the office yesterday, and they all went by this morning - even the book of log tables!


This evening we went down to our local for a curry and a pint. Last night I was struck by the way that the lamp-post leans so drunkenly against the pub, and we managed to emulate it a little ourselves this evening :-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment