Thursday 17 March 2011

Yoga today....


It must be Thursday as it's yoga this morning.  Have to leave the house just after the school run (not me but other drivers hogging the roads) but before the tourists hit the streets so I can escape Bath and head for Farrington Gurney village hall where I bend and stretch and breathe for my life once a week and occasionally in between.
Distant readers may be interested to know that Farrington Gurney is approximately 10 miles from Bath and is in the county of Bath & North East Somerset. It's an ancient parish and has something to do with the Knights Templars (hence the next village is called Temple Cloud).   Why do I go all that way? Well we used to live in another village called Clutton which is the village next to Temple Cloud. I started these classes about 5 years ago and I've made good friends there that I'd not see otherwise.   The yoga teacher is also very good and is used to me slacking at the back of the hall on "off" days!


As you can see from the above pics, the hall is in a rural area..........


One of the perks of journeying this far each week is the pit stop at the farm shop/cafe just round the corner. This establishment has done quite well for itself. It's on Duchy of Cornwall land and has made an impression on old Charlie himself (Prince Charles to those who revere the royals) who paid a visit last year and promptly supported their grant application to expand the premises thus increasing their profits by megabucks.  They do make a decent cup of coffee so I won't complain too much about their outrageous prices!!
p.s. met this friendly goat by the carpark...he was very interested in my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment