Wednesday 30 March 2011

Student Engagement

Today I wandered into work, and cleared a couple of book shelves of books I have not looked at for ages, and will never have any cause to look at again.  I put them on a table outside the office door with a notice for people to help themselves.  Gratifyingly, loads of them had gone within an hour and there were hardly any left when I came home a few hours later.


Before I left, I saw a few of my final year project students who are a week away from handing those in. One of them showed me a documentary he has made on Punk & Reggae in Bristol in the 70s and 80s, which was pretty good.  For some reason, I get the non-standard/"bonkers" projects to supervise - for example, another is music based on the position of debris in space around the Earth.  It's a challenging listen! This stage of the year when their work comes together is pretty satisfying to see. I expect to see loads of students in revision lectures tomorrow and Friday, as well as in soundscape presentations.

After a cup of tea at home, it was time to go and do a bit of work on the allotment patch. Some picking of broccoli, some culling of plants and digging over half of it ensued - just in time for Su to come and supervise :-). On the way there, I met this friendly and distinctive cat, who happily posed for a photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment