Friday 18 March 2011

Flowers and light

After coming home yesterday with a migraine and being sick (great timing as Su and I were going to go out for dinner with friends), I slept for hours.  Thankfully, I felt recovered after that and set off into the morning drizzle with Bella, where I saw these jonquils (small daffodils to you and me!).
Saw loads of bigger daffodils later on, lining the road up to the racecourse.  
This was after another session at the Degree Factory.  Bob Lang came back in today after months being off sick.  It was good to see him back.  Lots of students reporting in as deadlines approach - only 3 weeks of this Semester left, and then it is exams after the Easter break.  This means I only have 3 more weeks as a university teacher, and a couple of months or so examining and marking!


Even though I was busy, I was still able to escape early enough to be able to enjoy the end of what had become a lovely sunny afternoon by going off with Su to Westonbirt.  Because we got there after 5 o'clock, we had the place to ourselves. The light was lovely.
Right at the top of this tree was a thrush singing its heart out .  I recorded it on my phone, but have not yet figured out how to get the great-sounding file onto this blog - a later entry will feature it.
Lots of blossom coming out, and a beautiful sunset.

Coming home we had a curry at our local before checking out the newly opened corner shop.  The proprietor of the long-established, complacent competitor came in while we were there with a notepad to check out their prices!


No comments:

Post a Comment